Why Social Media Is a Useful Tool for Marketing Your Business
Whether your business is a small local shop or a national company, a presence on social media is an essential tactic to your marketing strategy in the modern marketplace. According to HubSpot’s research, over half the world’s population is active on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! These online spaces are also becoming increasingly used for ecommerce purposes, allowing users to easily browse and purchase your products—there’s no better time to get connected!
So, what are some of the benefits to using social media as a marketing tool for your business?
- It’s a relaxed and informal space to show your brand’s personality and allow people to get to know you. Consumers are much more likely to buy from brands they feel they know.
- It’s a two-way conversation. That means you can engage with customers, and they can engage with you. This is the perfect way to build trust and relationships with your buyers and increase consumer loyalty.
- It’s cost effective. Even if you’re a small business and you don’t have a huge budget for marketing costs, social media still provides the opportunity for you to reach your target audience and grow to meet your goals.
- It’s a chance to get creative! As an artisan, your business is built on your creativity and imagination. Social media is an open and free space to show everyone what you can do!
However, just being present on social media isn’t enough to market your business successfully, you have to be strategic about what this presence looks like!
1) Position yourself as an expert
Share your thoughts and knowledge about your industry to show people they can trust in you and what you’re offering. This can involve jumping into conversations in relevant comment sections of other pages to give your expert opinion, sharing helpful information or the behind the scenes of artisan creation.
2) Engage with your audience
The benefit of social media is that it allows you to meet customers where they’re at and easily engage in communication with them. Engaging with your audience allows you to not only create awareness of your brand across social media platforms but is also a great tool for trust and relationship building. This means staying active, responding to comments made on your page and
re-share any positive content that mentions your brand.
3) Utilize other individuals or businesses to promote your own!
Another great thing about social media is that you can easily find and access people to collaborate with! There are many other businesses trying to build a presence and awareness on these platforms and leaning on each other and leveraging this with a mutual goal can be a great way to build a following. You can even collaborate with social media influencers to get your name out there among their large followings! If you do this, ensure the influencer you work with and the content they share aligns with your brand so you can find a true brand advocate. If you’re thinking about building your presence on social media, go for it! These platforms are crucial to your marketing plan. They’re user friendly, easy to manage and filled with your target customers that are waiting for you!