Welcome to Flagstaff Crafted!
Flagstaff Crafted is a program run by the Economic Development team at Flagstaff County that enhances the exposure of local makers, artisans and retailers of local products.
Launched in 2019, Flagstaff Crafted helps entrepreneurs tell their stories, grow their customer base, and connect them with resources. Supporting these entrepreneurs contributes to diversifying and continuously improving our local economy. Small businesses accounts for 98% of our region’s business community and Flagstaff Crafted is proud to support their efforts as they create jobs, support local community events, create products for us all to enjoy, and put Flagstaff on the map globally.
The program supports entrepreneurs in the Flagstaff Region and 40 kms outside of the region border by enhancing their exposure to consumers worldwide. It makes it easy for Flagstaff County residents and those outside our borders to find distinctly made Flagstaff Crafted products. We share our maker’s stories through blog posts and social media. In today’s web engaged world, consumers are more likely to support a business they feel a connection to and Flagstaff Crafted believes in enhancing this connection through story-telling.
How does the Flagstaff Crafted Program support businesses?
- Free online marketing through the Flagstaff Crafted website and social media channels.
- Free business and product photography.
- Educational resources including online webinars, access to a business strategy coach, maker meetups (pre-Covid), monthly blogs on the website.
- Bi-annual Gift Guide featuring a curated collection of Flagstaff Crafted products. The gift guide does require an online commerce presence. This has encouraged many of our makers to transition to online sales which is important to stay viable during Covid.
- Business resources – The Flagstaff Crafted website has a full list of business resources for makers to refer to.
- Business collaborations – several of our makers have collaborated following their connection through the Flagstaff Crafted program.
- Networking opportunities through meetups both in-person (pre-Covid) and online.
- Program participant encouragement – our makers are the most supportive of one another.
- Wider reach to advertise – shared posts on Flagstaff Crafted social media allows for a farther reach to an audience outside of their following.
- Using the collective impact of our maker community to generate opportunities and growth for everyone.
- Program advertising in magazine ads, local business ads, local newspaper ads, movie theatre ads, etc. This greatly enhances the exposure of businesses participating in the program by driving consumers to our website.
To qualify for Flagstaff Crafted, your business must be…
- Headquartered in the Flagstaff Region or within 40 kilometres of our border.
- Dedicated to quality and craftsmanship.
- Open to collaborating with other local businesses, and
- Supportive of the Flagstaff Region and our business community.
A Flagstaff County administered service.
Flagstaff County is committed to supporting local small business owners. With a goal of business retention and expansion in mind, the program was created to enhance the exposure of locally based businesses to make it easy to shop local, handmade products. Flagstaff Crafted gives local artisans the opportunity to share their stories and connect with the resources they need to be successful. It is a place for consumers and local artisans to build relationships which in turn will create economic growth within the region.
For more information about Flagstaff County, you can visit the website here.
Are you a Maker?
Submit a directory request for your business today!